Thursday, August 16, 2007

Star Stomping

I'm so tired, but all is well.

First, I went to Toledo, OH for a visit with the future-mother-and-step-father-in-law. They are a fun couple. Linda took me to H&M, where I spent $130, but got a dress, a coat, matching unmentionables, and two tops. You can't beat it. And I look cute in my new clothes. This is more my kind of store than Urban Outfitters, but H&M won't be in Atlanta until spring, so I really need to take a trip to Lenox soon.

Then I worked for two days.

Then I spent 1.5 days in Hilton Head with my best girlfriend. I got a little sunburned, and we played therapist with each other (that sounds dirty), and ate some seafood. Oh yeah, and some margaritas, beer, wine, and mojitos.

She got stung by a jellyfish. No, I didn't pee on her. More than one person has mentioned that since I started telling the story. Maybe it was on Friends or something? Anyway, the real treatment is to rub wet sand on the sting for a couple of minutes. Then you spray it with vinegar. Nessa was a trooper. She didn't even cry. I would have cried.

And we went star stomping. There were phosphorescent thingys in the tidal puddles on the beach. When you stomped the puddles, they would glow like tiny floating stars. Really. I swear it wasn't the margaritas.

No comments: