Friday, August 3, 2007

Two Nights Alone

Jim will be leaving town tonight, and I will be alone until Sunday when I travel to Ohio to see his mom - my future mother-in-law, Linda I. There I will overeat, overdrink, and hopefully get enough time alone to read a book. The latter hope will most likely not happen, as she is an energetic (her daughter calls her "bippy") woman. I'll be on personable mode most of the time. But they tend to go to bed early, leaving us a bit of alone time. I'm just looking forward to being somewhere other than Atlanta. And seeing his parents. They are super fun.

Now I have to decide what to do with my two nights alone in Atlanta. Tonight will probably be tv, maybe a recorded movie (I have One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Dave which are both good movies I've already seen), but not a Netflix movie, because Jim wants to see both of them (An Inconvenient Truth and Black Snake Moan featuring Christina Ricci's boobies). I can't have too much fun tonight as my Friday night bedtime is 10 pm in preparation for my usual 6 am Saturday alarm. ug. At least tomorrow is jeans day at work. I look good in my jeans.

Saturday night is supplying me with many exciting ideas. My first is to have a margarita and IBS-inducing Mexican at El Azteca, then modeling my wedding dress (maybe I should do that before the Mexican) with the correct bra and a key-ute tiara my client let me borrow (what a nice offer by the way - preventing me from spending money on a used tiara which may or may not be cute because it's hard to tell on eBay). It's been too long since I spent quality time with my mama. The only problem is that I will be REALLY tired, and she'll say, "You look tired." Do mothers realize that this is NOT a compliment? Also, I'm never super chatty after a day of work (and 10 hours of chatting). It's easier to spend Saturdays with her if Jim is there to fill in the silence. My days off are much better for me in the visiting department.

My other possibility (or probability, actually) is that I will pick up a bottle of wine and some yummy, superbad takeout and hide in my house with The Cutest Dog in the World. Maybe I'll do pay-per-view.

If I write tomorrow night, just assume that said bottle of wine is on its way to empty.

No comments: