Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hairdresser Scared of Hair

I am normally a short hair girl. The stacked bob has always been my look - since way before Katie Holmes went stay-at-home-mom on her hair. Then I pursued the trashy layers that I will have again some day. Those were awesome. I loved that rock mullet.

My hair is currently longer than it has ever been. I think it looks good. And when I style it with a curling iron and LOTS of hairspray, everybody else thinks it looks good too. But it feels like it is choking me. And washing my hair may be the worst part of my day. Ug. It gets all over the place, and I have to use cups of conditioner...

So tomorrow, at 10 am, my friend Kitt is going to cut off my hair. Correction: I'm going to cut off my hair like a four-year-old. Seriously, how often do you get to do that? Then, she's going to shape it into a cute, SHORT 'do.

Here's the funny part: I'm totally freaked out by the idea of cutting my hair. Am I going to look like a boy? Is my husband still going to want to have sex with me? Will I look fat? But I recently read a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt (ok, it was on a magnet) that goes sorta like, "Do something that scares you every day."

And tomorrow that will be cutting my hair.
Wish me luck.

No comments: